High Efficiency Refining Ageng for Primary Solidified Silicon
PROBAT-FLUSS VLP 200
Agent for the grain refining of primarily solidified silicon in eutectic and hypereutectic aluminium casting alloys applicable for all casting alloys, e. g. AlSi12, AlSi17Cu4Mg, AlSi18CuNiMg
Applicati on Range:
PROBAT-FLUSS VLP 200 can be added to the crucible or to the launder. The addition into the launder or during the cleaning of the melt with an impeller has proved to be very eff ective.
• is a metallic master alloy in form of rods
• does not require long reacti on times
• can be used even at low temperature
• provides a granular structure
• refines the primary silicon
• provides a homogenous, even distribution of the silicon
• dissolves immediately in the melt, without leaving any residues
Additi on Rate:
0.5–2.5 kg/t of the metal weight. An effect is already obtained at 0.5 kg/t (0.1 Gew.-%) The iron content increases function-conditionally due to the addition. However, this content is normally below the tolerance limit and does not influence the alloy.
Product Applicati on:
PROBAT-FLUSS VLP 200 can be added like grain refining wires. Usual wire advancing machines can be used. The charge by hand is easy as well by adding rod sections to the melt during the melt treatment or cleaning with an impeller.
Appearance: aluminium rods
Reacti on temperature: from melt temperature
Rods of 1m of length (approximately 300g)
loose rods, bundled
Storage and Shelf Life:
No special requirements